Sunday, February 17, 2013

Celebrations

On Friday, our school celebrated French Canadian Culture with a Carnaval.  We were joined by Bonhomme Carnaval himself!  The students enjoyed a fun day of games, songs and treats.  Congratulations to our very own 3A Carnaval Queen pictured below with Bonhomme.  What a wonderful way to celebrate one of the cultures that defines Canada!

















This past week, my family and I celebrated Chinese New Year and we made this video to share.

Chinese New Year with the Allison Family

The children also took some time to write about their own family traditions and share with the class.  I think it is fantastic that we can learn about so many traditions here in Canada!  I wish you all a wonderful Family Day weekend.  No matter how you plan to celebrate - I hope it is with the ones you love.

Happy Family Day to my 3A students and families!

Mrs. Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment